HOME ~ Contact us
Alexander Alvord and Mary Vore
Alexander ALFORD (ALVORD). [Familytree].
Born 10 October 1627 at Bridgeport, Dorset, England; son of Thomas ALVORD and Joan HAWKINS
He was christened on 15 October 1627 at Bridgeport, Dorset, England.
He married Mary VORE on 29 October 1645-1646 at Windsor, Hartford County, Connecticut. This is the first record of him in New England. He began spelling his name Alvord immediately upon arrival in Connecticut and supposedly all Alvords in America today are descendants of Alexander.
In 1661 he moved to Northampton, Massachusetts.
"Alexander Alluard" signed a petition against imposts [imports?] on 4 November 1668. He signed a petition to the Massachusetts Legislature to form a society at Northfield on 31 May 1671. He was admitted to the Northampton Church after 1672. He subscribed to Harvard Collage 4 lbs, flax --.o4s, in 1672-3.
In the King Phillip's War in 1676, the buildings of Alexander Alvord were burned in the King Phillip’s War in 1676, probably in the vicinity of what is now known as Pomeroy Terrace, outside the Palisades, Northampton, Massachusetts. He received a war grant of land on Hawley Street in 1676 near the later site of the Chicago Beef Company’s warehouse.
He took the Oath of Allegiance at Northampton, Massachusetts on 8 February 1678. He was admitted Freeman in 1684.
He died (3 October-S6) (November-S3) 1687 at Northampton, Hampshire County, Massachusetts. His will is recorded in Northampton Reg of Probate, Hampshire Co, Vol 1, p 265.
Mary VORE. (VARE). [Familytree].
Born 6 July 1617 (1627-S7); daughter of Richard VORE and Ann HARRIS.
She married Alexander ALVORD on 29 October 1646.
She died probably in 1683, but at least before 1686, at Northampton, Hampshire County, Massachusetts.
CHILDREN of Alexander ALVORD and Mary VORE:
- Abigail ALVORD. Born on 6 Oct 1647 in Windsor, Hartford County, Connecticut.
- John ALVORD. Born on 12 Aug 1649 in Windsor, CT. John married Abigail Phelps, daughter of Nathaniel Phelps and Elizabeth.
- Mary ALVORD. Born on 6 Jul 1651 in Windsor, CT.
- Thomas ALVORD. Born on 27 Oct 1653 in Windsor, CT and died on 22 Jul 1688 in Northampton, MA.
- Elizabeth ALVORD. Born on 12 Nov 1655 in Windsor, Connecticut. She married Henry BURT on 12 December 1684. She died 6 May 1687 at Northampton, Hampshire County, Massachusetts.
- Benjamin ALVORD. Born on 11 Feb 1657-1658 in Windsor, CT and died in 1715 in Northampton, MA. He married Deborah STEBBINS on 4 FEB 1690-1691 at Northampton, Hampshire County, Massachusetts. He died in 1715 at Northampton, Hampshire County, Massachusetts.
- Sarah ALVORD. Born on 24 Jun 1660 in Windsor, CT and died on 16 May 1704.
- Jeremiah ALVORD. Born on 9 May 1663 in Northampton, MA and died in Hatfield, MA.
- Ebenezer ALVORD. [Familytree]. Born on 23 December 1665 in Northampton, MA and died on 13 February 1738 in Northampton, Massachusetts. He married (1) Ruth BAKER in 1691 in Northampton, Hampshire, Massachusetts. She died 4 March 1706. He married (2) Elizabeth BIRD in 1708 in Northampton, Hampshire, Massachusetts. He died 13 February 1738 in Northampton, Hampshire County, Massachusetts.
- Jonathan ALVORD. Born on 6 Apr 1669 in Northampton, MA and died on 13 Aug 1729 in Northampton, MA.
- (Baby) ALVORD. Born in 1671 in Northampton, MA and died in 1671 in Northampton, MA.
- [S1]. LeGrand Elliott Morris Family Records.
- [S2]. http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Meadows/3083/d0003/g0000079.html
- [S3]. Descendants of Alexander Alvord of Northampton, MA. http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~negenealogy/Alvord.htm.
- [S4]. http://www.chs.org/loancoll/loan_famab.htm. Quotes from Alvord, S.M. A Genealogy of the Descendants of Alexander Alvord, an Early Settler of Windsor, Conn., and Northampton, Mass. Webster, 1908.
- [S5]. The Alford American Family Association. P.O. Box 1586. Florissant, MO 63031-1586. (314) 831-8648. http://www.alfordassociation.org/bio_insearchof.html
- [S6]. http://thor.genserv.net/sub/strub/fam_40.htm
- [S7]. http://newenglandgenealogy.pcplayground.com/f_e0.htm
HOW ARE WE RELATED:
Alexander Alvord and Mary Vore
Ebenezer Alvord and Ruth Baker
Joseph Alvord, Sr. and Clemence Wright
Joseph Alvord and Submit Chapin
Thaddeus Alvord and Sally Wellington
Charlotte Alvord and Peter Mack Elliott
James Newberry Morris and Harriett Louisa Elliott
Eli Ray Morris and Tina Matilda Kunzler
LeGrand Elliott Morris and Dorothea Berta Ernestine Kersten
Rodney Allen Morris and Deborah Lee Handy