HOME ~ Contact us
Ebenezer Alvord and Ruth Baker
Ebenezer ALVORD. [Familytree].
Born 23 December 1665 in Northampton, Hampshire County, Massachusetts; son of Alexander ALVORD (Alford) and Mary VORE.
Ebenezer Alvord was made a freeman on 20 May 1690 at Northampton, Massachusetts.
He married (1) Ruth BAKER in 1691 in Northampton, Hampshire, Massachusetts. She died 4 March 1706.
He married (2) Elizabeth BIRD in 1708 in Northampton, Hampshire, Massachusetts.
A home lot was granted to Ebenezer Alvord by the town of Northampton on 23 March 23 1720 (1723?); Wch land lye on this side timber swamp toward Hatfield. And is bounded: Butting on the highway easterly, and to the Rocky Hill westerly, and to the highway northerly, and to Benjamin Carpenter's land.
The following are abstracts from original deeds from Ebenezer Alvord, husbandman, to his son Joseph Alvord, weaver; said deeds now in possession of a descendant of Joseph Alvord:
Ebenezer Alvord of Northampton, for the sum of forty pounds paid "by my son Joseph Alvord," conveyed several tracts of land in Northampton bounded as follows, viz.:
"One piece contained one acre and a quarter, bounded northerly by the Grantor's land, easterly by ye Meadow Hill, southwardly by Thomas Bridgman's & Benj. Stebben's Home Lots, ou tof which a highway is reserved by the Grantor sufficient for him to pass and repass to his land beyond."
"Also another tract of land, lying under sd Meadow Hill being one half of sd Grantor's land there, viz. the lower or southerly half; containing about six acres bounded northerly by the Grantor's land, eastwardly by Venturer's Field, so called, southerly by the whole side, or the Bushy Swamp, (so called) and westerly by the Meadow Hill."
"Also a piece of land in Young Railbow, bounded north by the river; eastwardly by the land of Samule Lankton, and southerly by the highway on Young Rainbow hill, lying in a triangle containing one and a half acres."
"Also a lot, in the Long Division outlands, being thirteen rods wide; bounded northerly by Samuel Wright's land; and southwardly by the lot which formerly belonged to Joseph Hawley Esq. deceased."
"Also all my right or proportion of land, as I am proprietor with others in that tract of land, known by the name of the Inward Commons lying at the eastwardly end of Long Division lots -- and also in all other parts of the twon except that on the south side of Manhan river and west of Westfield road.
Signed March 1st 1732
He died (13 FEB)(29 NOV-S?) 1738 in Northampton, Hampshire County, Massachusetts.
Mrs. Elizabeth Alvord, relict of Ebenezer Alvord, Dec. of Northampton, and Joseph Alvord the eldest son administered the estate, Feb. 13, 1738/9. she was guardian to her sons Ebenezer, above 14, and Thoams Alvord under 14 years of age, minors. Mrs. Wright, who was born in 1756 remembered Mrs. Ebenezer Alvord. She then lived with her daughter, Mary. Mary or ruth kept a school for girls in the house.
Ruth BAKER. [Familytree].
Born 6 (23) May 1668 at Northampton, Hampshire County, Massachusetts; daughter of Joseph BAKER and Ruth HOLTON (Halton).
She married Ebenezer ALFORD in 1691 in Northampton, Hampshire County, Massachusetts.
She died on 4 March 1706 at Northampton, Hampshire County, Massachusetts.
CHILDREN of Ebenezer ALFORD and Ruth BAKER:
- Ebenezer Alvord was born on 24 August 1693 in Northampton, Massachusetts; and died in infancy in Northampton, Massachusetts.
- Joseph ALVORD, Sr. [Familytree]. Born 15 March 1697 in Northampton, Hampshire County, Massachusetts. He married Clemence WRIGHT on 30 July 1730. He was a weaver. He died (1)(9-S6)(19) January 1786 at Northampton, Hampshire County, Massachusetts.
- Mary Alvord. Born on 24 June 1699 in Northampton, Massachusetts. She died on 14 March 1773.
- Noah Alvord. Born on 27 June 1701 in Northampton, Massachusetts.
Born before 23 November 1684 at (Hartford)(Farmington), Hartford County, Connecticut; daughter of James BIRD and Lydia STEELE.
Elizabeth Bird died circa 1770 at Northampton, Hampshire County, Massachusetts.
CHILDREN of Ebenezer ALVORD and Elizabeth BIRD:
- Ruth Alvord. Born on 24 August 1710 in Northampton, MA.
- James Alvord. Born on 22 July 1712 in Northampton, MA and died on 28 July 1712 in Northampton, MA.
- Elizabeth Alvord. Born on 7 September 1713 in Northampton, MA.
- Rebecca Alvord. Born on 25 October 1716 in Northampton, Massachusetts, and died on 29 November 1716 in Northampton, Massachusetts.
- Ebenezer Alvord. Born on 17 December 1720 in Northampton, MA.
- Sarah Alvord. Born in 1723 in Northampton, MA and died on 2 March 1758 in Northampton, MA.
- Thomas Alvord. Born about 1725 in Northampton, MA. He died 27 December 1756.
- [S1]. Ancestral File, version 4.15.
- [S2]. Samuel M. Alvord, A Genealogy of the Descendants of Alexander Alvord (Webster, NY: A. d. Andrews, 1908).
- [S3]. http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~negenealogy/Alvord.htm.
- [S4]. http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~newenglandancestors/pafg63.htm
- [S5]. http://www.shypuppy.net/northampton/NHmMarrA-B.html
- [S6]. http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~negenealogy/Baker-E.htm#i12586.
- [S7]. Green Lane Francis Jones Family Tree. http://greenlanefrancisjones.familytreeguide.com/getperson.php?personID=I5637&tree=T1&sid=agsearch.
- [S8]. BAKER. From the files of Stephen M. Lawson. http://kinnexions.com/smlawson/baker.htm.
- [S9]. Thomas Holcombe of Connecticut. compiled by James H. Holcombe. http://www.holcombegenealogy.com/data/p474.htm.
HOW ARE WE RELATED
Ebenezer Alvord and Ruth Baker
Joseph Alvord, Sr. and Clemence Wright
Joseph Alvord and Submit Chapin
Thaddeus Alvord and Sally Wellington
Charlotte Alvord and Peter Mack Elliott
James Newberry Morris and Harriett Louisa Elliott
Eli Ray Morris and Tina Matilda Kunzler
LeGrand Elliott Morris and Dorothea Berta Ernestine Kersten
Rodney Allen Morris and Deborah Lee Handy