HOME ~ Contact us
Arnulf II and Rozala of Lombardy
ARNULF II. (Arnold). Count of Flanders.
Born in 960 or 961; son of BALDWIN III and MATILDS (Mathilde Billung).
His father Baldwin III died in 962, when Arnulf was just an infant, while Arnulf's grandfather, Arnulf I, was still alive. When Arnulf I died three years later (965), the regency was held by his kinsman Baldwin Balso, who died in 973. (S3).
By the time Arnulf attained his majority in 976, Flanders had lost some of the southern territory acquired by Arnulf I. The latter had given some parts of Picardy to King Lothar of France to help assure his grandson's succession, and gave Boulogne as a fief to another relative. Then early in Arnulf's minority Lothar had taken Ponthieu and given it to Hugh Capet, and the first counts of Guînes had established themselves. (S3).
He married Rozala of Lombardy. (Rosele) (Roselen) in 976.
Arnulf died on 30 March, 987 at age 26. (S3).
Rozala of Lombardy. (S1,S3). Rosele (Roselen).
Daughter of Berengar II of Italy. (S3).
Shortly after Arnulf's death his widow married Robert II, King of France as his first wife. (S3).
CHILDREN of Arnulf II and Rozala:
- . BALDWIN IV, "TheBearded." (980 – 30 May 1035). Count of Flanders. Baldwin married (1) Ogive of Luxembourg, daughter of Giselbert, Count of Vaudrevange/Wallerfangen (in Moselgau), by whom he had a son and heir Baldwin V. He later married Eleanor of Normandy, daughter of Richard II of Normandy, by whom he had a daughter.
- Mathilde. She died before 995.
- [S1]. Baldwin IV, Count of Flanders. Wikipedia, the Free Encyclopedia. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baldwin_IV,_Count_of_Flanders/
- [S2]. Genealogy of the British royal family. Wikipedia, the Free Encyclopedia. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genealogy_of_the_British_royal_family.
- [S3]. Arnulf II, Count of Flanders. Wikipedia, the Free Encyclopedia. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arnulf_II,_Count_of_Flanders.
HOW ARE WE RELATED:
Arnulf II and Rozala of Lombardy
Baldwin IV, The Bearded, and Ogive of Luxembourg
Baldwin V, Count of Flanders and Adele of France
Matilda and William the Conqueror
Henry I, King of England and (Edith)(Eadgyth)
Matilda. (Maud) md (1) Henry V of Germany.
HENRY II, King of England, md Ida.
William I Longspee md Ela Fitzpatrick.
William II Longspee md Idonie de Camville.
Ela Longspee md James de Audley.
Hugh de Audley md Isolde de Mortimer.
Hugh de Audley md Margaret de Clare.
Margaret de Audley. md Ralph de Stafford.
Hugh Stafford. md Philippa de Beauchamp.
Edmund Stafford. md Anne of Gloucester.
Humphrey Stafford. md Anne Neville.
Margaret Stafford md Robert Dunham.
John Dunham md Elizabeth Bowett.
John Dunham II md Jean Thorland.
John Dunham III md Benedict Folgamsee.
Ralph Dunham. He married Elizabeth Wentworth.
Thomas Dunham. He married Jane Bromley.
John Dunham Sr.. He married Susanna Kenney/Keno.
John Dunham Jr.. He married Mary.
Mary Dunham. She married James Hamblin.
Elkenah Hamblin. He married Abigail Hamblin.
Sylvanus Hamblin. He married Dorcas Fish.
Barnabus Hamblin. He married Mary Bassett.
Isaiah Hamblin. He married Daphne Haynes.
Jacob Vernon Hamblin md Sarah Priscilla Leavitt.
Ella Ann Hamblin md Warren Moroni Tenney.
Clive Vernon Tenney md Minnie Williams
Mildred Ella Tenney md Glenn Russell Handy
Deborah Lee Handy and Rodney Allen Morris