HOME ~ Contact us
Ralph Basset and Margaret de Somery
(Sir) Ralph BASSET. Lord of Drayton, Baron Basset. [Familytree].
Born (in 1215-S4)(about 1227-S2)(between 1215 and 1227-S1) at Drayton Basset, Staffordshire, England (S4); son of Ralph Basset and Isabell. (S4).
He married Margaret de SOMERY (in 1245-S1)(about 1247-S4) in Worcestershire, England. (S1).
Summoned to Parliament 24 December 1264. He was slain at the battle of Evesham, fighting against the King, who, however, continued the estates to his widow and son, as her father had fought for the King at Evesham. (S4).
He was killed 4 August 1265 in the Battle of Evesham, at Evesham, Worcestershire, England. (S1,S2,S4)
He died after 1271. (S3).
The Battle of Evesham (4 August 1265) was one of the two main battles of 13th century England's Second Barons' War. It marked the defeat of Simon de Montfort, Earl of Leicester, and the rebellious barons by the future King Edward I, who led the forces of his father, King Henry III. It took place on 4 August 1265, near the town of Evesham, Worcestershire. (53).
Margaret de SOMERY. [Familytree].
Born (about 1229)(between 1229 and 1236-S1); daughter of Roger de Somery and Nicole (Nichole) d'Aubigny (d'Auvigny). (S4).
She married (2) Ralph de Cromwell as his second wife. She survived him and took the veil before 18 June 1293. (S4).
She died after 1293. (S1).
CHILDREN of Ralph Basset and Margaret de Somery:
- Ralph BASSET. [Familytree]. Member of Parlament. Born (about 1245-S1)(about 1252-S4) (at Drayton-S1)(in Staffordshire-S4), England. He married (Hawise-S4)(Helewise) de GREY, daughter of John de GREY and Joan ESQUIRE, about 1270. (S1). Ralph died on (21-S1)(31-S4) December 1299 at Drayton, Staffordshire, England. (S4).
- (Sir) Roger BASSET. (S1).
- John BASSET. Born about 1280 in Staffordshire, England. (S2).
- Maud BASSET. Born about 1263. She married John de GREY about 1282. (S1). John was born about 1263. (S1).
- [S1]. Descendants of Thurstine, the Norman, of Drayton STS. Bassett Families, 1086-1877. http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~dav4is/ODTs/BASSETT.shtml#BASS256.
- [S2]. Netherlands, GenealogieOnline Trees Index, 1000-Current. https://www.genealogieonline.nl/en/stamboom-dullemen/I148280.php
- [S3]. Ralph Basset. our-royal-titled-noble-and-commoner-ancestors.com/p1033.htm#i31025.
- [S4]. Basset of England. http://www.geneajourney.com/basset.html.
- [S5]. Battle of Evesham. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Evesham.
HOW ARE WE RELATED:
Ralph Basset and Margaret de Somery
Ralph Basset and Hawise de Grey
Margaret Basset and Edmund de Stafford
Ralph de Stafford (1299-?) and Margaret de Audley (1324-1349)
Hugh Stafford (c1342-1386) and Philippa de Beauchamp (?-1369)
Edmund Stafford (1378-1466) and Anne of Gloucester (1383-1438)
Humphrey Stafford (1402-1460) and Anne Neville (c1404-1480)
Margaret Stafford (1435-?) and Robert Dunham (1430-?)
John Dunham (1450-1524) and Elizabeth Bowett (c1450-?)
John Dunham II (1474-1502) and Jean Thorland (c1475-?)
John Dunham III (1498-1545) and Benedict Folgamsee (c1500-?)
Ralph Dunham (1526-?) and Elizabeth Wentworth (c1536-?)
Thomas Dunham (1560-?) and Jane Bromley (c1560-?)
John Dunham Sr (c1588-c1699) and Susanna Kenney/Keno (c1588-c1620)
John Dunham Jr (c1620-1692) and Mary (c1620-1698)
Mary Dunham (c1642-1715) and James Hamblin (c1636-1718)
Elkenah Hamblin (1685-1764) and Abigail Hamblin (1685-1733)
Sylvanus Hamblin (1712-c1753) and Dorcas Fish (c1716-?)
Barnabus Hamblin (1739-1799) and Mary Bassett (1745-c1810)
Isaiah Hamblin (1790-1856) and Daphne Haynes (1797-1847)
Jacob Vernon Hamblin (1819-1886) and Sarah Priscilla Leavitt (1841-1927)
Ella Ann Hamblin (1867-1947) and Warren Moroni Tenney (1861-1935)
Clive Vernon Tenney (1895-1960) and Minnie Williams (1896-1981)
Mildred Ella Tenney (1920-1982) and Glenn Russell Handy (1912-1999)
Deborah Lee Handy (living) and Rod Morris (living)