HOME ~ Contact us
George Benedict and Jane Holes
[F17024]. George BENEDICT
Born about (1512-S4)(1515-S1)(1520-S2) at Tasburgh (Tasborough), Norfolk, England. He was called a yeoman. He married Jane HOLES [F17025] about (1538-S4)(1540) at (Saxlingham Nethergate)(Tasborough-S4), Norfolk, England. He died before 26 JAN 1575-76 at Tasburgh, Norfolk, England.
[F17025]. Jane HOLES.
Born about 1517 in Tasburgh (Tasborough), Norfolk, England. (S4). She was apparently a widow having a son and a daughter by previous husband, as a John Holes and Jane Jepcian (dec. by Jun 1578) were mentioned in her will. She married George BENEDICT [F17024] about 1540 at Saxlingham Nethergate, Norfolk, England.
She died before 18 Jun 1578 at Hapton,Norfolk,England.
CHILDREN of George BENEDICT [F17024] and Jane HOLES [F17025]:
- 1. William BENEDICT. Born between1545-1550 at Tasburgh, Norfolk, England. He married Judith MARSH (b.7 DEC 1560 London-d.c1598), daughter of Nicholas Marsh and Margaret Walker. Judith and William Benedicke had a daughter Anne born about 1585-1590 (only known child). Judith died after 1598, probably before 1610 because she is not mentioned in Henry Hunloke's Will. Anne Benedicke married about 1612 Robert Haggar, so she was still Anne Benedicke in 1610. In a note by John Insley Coddington on a Benedict Pedigree in the Whitehead Collection, England, John Coddington says "Judith Marsh baptized St. Vedast, Foster Lane, London, 7 Dec 1560-1, was the daughter of Nicholas Marsh, buried 1563, by Margaret (nee Walker). His wife later the wife of Henry Hunloke of Wingerworth County Derbyshire." Margaret (Walker) Marsh is the 1st wife of Henry Hunloke; they married after 1563 and before their son Henry Jr. was born about 1577. Thus, it is said, this is the Ann Benedict named in the will of Henry Hunlock. Admitted to Corpus Christie College Cambridge 1563 He was called scrivener of London. He died OCT 1614 at (Cambridge, Bourne, England-S1)(Bourne, Cambridgeshire, England-S3)(St. Butolph, London, Middlesex, England. He was buried 4 OCT 1614 in Bourne, Cambridgeshire, England. (S3).
- 2. Joan BENEDICT. Born about 1545 at Tasburgh, Norfolk, England. Her marriage info in the Addenda to "Boyds Marriage Index of Norfolk," says she is of Bedingham. Names of children given in grandparents wills 1577 and 1578. She married Robert LYNDE (LIND). She died at Bedingham, Norfolk, England.
- 3. Anne BENEDICT. Born about 1540-1543 at Tasburgh, Norfolk, England. Her marriage in the Addenda to "Boyds Marriage Index of Norfolk," says of Bedingham. She married James SPENCE. Names of children given in parents wills. She died at Bedingham, Norfolk, England.
- 4. Elizabeth BENEDICT. Born about 1541 at Tasburgh, Norfolk, England. She married Ralph LULMAN/LULLMAN. One child, Jane Lullman, named in will of Jane Benedict as "Bechild" (Grandchild) 1578, brother William Benedicke's will 1614 says to each of sister Lullman's children.
- 5. [F8512]. George BENEDICT.
. Born 1542-1545 at Saxlingham Nethergateshire, Norfolk, England. He married Tomazine GOCHE [F8513] on 7 AUG 1575 in Tasborough, Norfolk, England. He died about 1583 at Saxlingham Nethergateshire, Norfolk, England.
- [S1]. http://www.genpc.com/gen/files/d0028/f0000016.html#I16942.
- [S2]. Gary Welker Research. http://web.upstate.edu/branagak/ghtout/gp615.htm.
- [S3]. Sam Behling Research. firstname.lastname@example.org. http://homepages.rootsweb.com/~sam. 286 South Main Street #5, Haverhill, MA 01835.
- [S4]. Descendants of George Benedict Sr. http://matteson.us/benedict.html.
HOW ARE WE RELATED:
George Benedict and Jame Holes
George Benedict and Tomazine Goche
William Benedict and Elizabeth
Thomas Benedict and Mary Bridgum
John Benedict and Phoebe Gregory
James Benedict and Sarah Hyatt
(Elder) James Benedict and Mary Blackman
Jemima Benedict and John Newberry
James Abraham Newberry and Mary Smith
Hannah Maria Newberry and George Morris
James Newberry Morris and Harriett Louisa Elliott
Tina Matilda Kunzler and Eli Ray Morris
LeGrand Elliott Morris and Dorothea Berta Ernestina Kersten
Rodney Allen Morris and Deborah Lee Handy