HOME ~ Contact us
Randall Bigelow and Jane
Randall BIGELOW (BAGULEY).
Born about 1578 at Wrentham, Suffolk, England; son of Robert BAGULEYand Jane. (S1,S2).
It is also said that:
Randall was born at Ollerton Hall. Randall moved across England to Wrentham in Suffolk County. He apparently made this move as a married man with two or more children, and in the years following 1603 had five children baptised at Wrentham before his death in 1626. (S2).
The Baguley family has a long history in Chesire England, and are descendants of Sir Hamon Massey. (S2).
He married Jane. (S1,S2). [Is it true that he and his father both married a Jane?]
He died 17 May 1626 at Wrentham, Suffolk, England. (S1,S2).
The rector of Wrentham parish in 1617 was the Rev. John Phillips, who later emigrated to Dedham, Massachusetts. During his years in Dedham, Phillips once stated that the blacksmith John Biglo of Watertown, Massachusetts was the same infant whom he had baptized in 1617 as the son of Randall Beageley”. John was left an orphan by the deaths of both his parents within a space of two weeks in May, 1626. What epidemic took the lives of both parents is not known, nor is it known who cared for John in his youth. Randal and his wife were buried in the churchyard of St. Nicholas Church in Wrentham. (S2).
Born about 1582 at Wrentham, Suffolk, England. She married Randall BIGELOW.
She died 1 May 1626 at Wrentham, Suffolk, England.
CHILDREN of Randall Bigelow and Jane:
- Francis Bigelow.
- Persis Bigelow. born 1604
- Elizabeth BIGELOW. Born in 1606. She was of Hartford, Connecticut. She married Richard BUTLER about 1634. She was about 40 when treated by John Winthrop, Jr. in 1657. She died on (26 FEB 1656-7-S3)(in 1691-S5)(11 September 1691-S4) at Hartford, Connecticut. She left a will.
- Susan Bigelow. born 1606
- William Bigelow. born 1608, died March 23, 1621
- Margaret Bigelow. born 1611.
- John BIGELOW. Born in 1617 in Wrentham, Suffolk, England. Christened on 16 Feburary 166-1617 in the parish church of Wrenham. He married Mary WARREN. She was born at Nayland, Suffolk, England and died in 1691 at Watertown, Massachusetts. He died in 1703 at Watertown, Massachusetts.
- [S1]. Family Records of Tim and Rachel Janzen, firstname.lastname@example.org
- [S2]. Randall Bigelow. Geni. https://www.geni.com/people/Randall-Bigelow/6000000003031245736. QUOTES as sources: The Bigelow Family Genealogy, Vol. 1, edited for The Bigelow Society by Patricia Bigelow (Flint, MI, 1986)
- [S3]. A Digest of the Early Connecticut Probate Records. 1677 to 1687. Page 184-5. Received from Berna Hunter, email: email@example.com.
- [S4]. Pam White research. http://www.pamsgenealogy.net/p12.htm. QUOTES as sources: a) Donald Lines Jacobus, "Connections". b) Benjamin H. Gaylord, "Gaylord Ancestry", Vol. 46, pp. 6-10 c) Gary Boyd (Selected and introduced articles which were written by others) Roberts, Genealogies of Connecticut Families. Vol. II. d) Massachusetts Historical Society, Winthrop Medical Journal. e) Wethersfield Vital Records. f) Hartford County Probate Records, Volume 5, Connecticut State Library, Hartford, Hartford County, Connecticut. g) William Richard Cutter, Connecticut Genealogies. h) Richard Butler Will. i) Wisconsin Genealogical Society, "Butler Descendants" j) Massachusetts Historical Society, Winthrop Medical Journal. k) Charles Collard, M.A. Adams, Upper Houses.
- [S5]. Elizabeth Butler. Geni. https://www.geni.com/people/Elizabeth-Butler/6000000007605846047.
HOW ARE WE RELATED:
Randall Bigelow and Jane
Elizabeth Bigelow and Richard Butler
Nathaniel Butler and Sarah Green
William Butler and Hannah Hills
John Butler and Sarah Foster
Thomas Butler and Jane White
Hannah Butler (1772-1866) and Peter Thurston (1760-1827)
Thomas Jefferson Thurston (1805-1885) and Rosetta Bull (1809-1880)
Peter Franklin Thurston (1851-1886) and Mary Ann Spendlove
Harriet Thurston (1872-1945) and George William Williams
Minnie Williams (1896-1981) and Clive Vernon Tenney
Mildred Ella Tenney and Glenn Russell Handy
Deborah Lee Handy and Rodney Allen Morris