HOME ~ Contact us
Born about 1641-1642 at (Stepney, Rocky Hill-S3)(Hartford-S1,S2), Hartford County, Connecticut; son of (Deacon) Richard BUTLER and Elizabeth BIGELOW. He married Sarah GREEN about 1666. In his father's will he received the meadow lot near the long meadow gate. He died on 9 FEB 1698 at Wethersfield, Hartford County, Connecticut.
Sarah was born on 7 October 1642 at Cambridge, Middlesex County, Massachusetts; daughter of Samuel GREEN and Jane BANBRIDGE.
She married (1) Nathaniel BUTLER [F3984] about 1666. Sarah Green married (2) Philip OLCOTT on 4 April 1699 at Wethersfield, Hartford County, Connecticut.
Sarah died (after 1699)(24 NOV 1703 in Wethersfield, Hartford County, Connecticut.
CHILDREN of Nathaniel BUTLER and Sarah:
- Samuel BUTLER. Born about Jan 1667. He was treated by John Winthrop, Jr. in July 1667. He died about 1708.
- Hannah BUTLER. Born about 1668. She died after 1698.
- . William BUTLER. Born in 1670. He married Hannah HILLS. He died (about 1698-S2)(on 20 May 1714).
- Abigail BUTLER. Born in 1671. She died after 1698.
- Ruth BUTLER. Born in 1672. She died after 1698.
- Ann BUTLER. Ann married (Lt) Isaac RILEY, son of John Riley and Grace (?), on 17 December 1696 at Wethersfield, Hartford County, Connecticut. Ann Butler died after 1737-1738.
- [S1]. The following families are extracted from New England Historical & Genealogical Register, Vol 15, July 1861, p. 241 & subsequent. RECORDS OF WETHERSFIELD, CONNECTICUT; R. R. Hinman. http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~jdevlin/ct/wethsfld_a-f.htm.
- [S2]. Pam White research. http://www.pamsgenealogy.net/p12.htm. QUOTES as sources: a) Donald Lines Jacobus, "Connections". b) Benjamin H. Gaylord, "Gaylord Ancestry", Vol. 46, pp. 6-10 c) Gary Boyd (Selected and introduced articles which were written by others) Roberts, Genealogies of Connecticut Families. Vol. II. d) Massachusetts Historical Society, Winthrop Medical Journal. e) Wethersfield Vital Records. f) Hartford County Probate Records, Volume 5, Connecticut State Library, Hartford, Hartford County, Connecticut. g) William Richard Cutter, Connecticut Genealogies. h) Richard Butler Will. i) Wisconsin Genealogical Society, "Butler Descendants" j) Massachusetts Historical Society, Winthrop Medical Journal.
- [S3]. Bob Rugo's Homepage. http://homepage.mac.com/bobrugo/MatzPublic/PS03/PS03_192.HTM
HOW ARE WE RELATED:
Nathaniel Butler and Sarah Green
William Butler and Hannah Hills
John Butler and Sarah Foster
Thomas Butler and Jane White
Hannah Butler (1772-1866) and Peter Thurston (1760-1827)
Thomas Jefferson Thurston (1805-1885) and Rosetta Bull (1809-1880)
Peter Franklin Thurston (1851-1886) and Mary Ann Spendlove
Harriet Thurston (1872-1945) and George William Williams
Minnie Williams (1896-1981) and Clive Vernon Tenney
Mildred Ella Tenney and Glenn Russell Handy
Deborah Lee Handy and Rodney Allen Morris