HOME ~ Contact us
CYNRIC. King of Wessex. [CHART A1].
Son of CREODA. Sometimes said to be the son of Cerdic.
He was with Cerdic in the invasion of Briton. After the death of Cerdic, he gave the isle of Wight to Stuf and Whitgar, his cousins.
He became the King of Wessex in 534 A.D., upon the death of Cerdic.
In 552 he defeated the Britons in a battle near the Roman city of Sorbiodunum, called by the Saxons Searo-byrig (now Sarum).
He died in 560.
CHILDREN of CYNRIC:
- CEAWLIN. (Ceolin). [CHART A1]. King of Wessex.
- CUTHA. (Cuthwine). In 577, with his brother Ceawlin, defeated the Britons in a great battle at Deorham (Derham) in Gloucestershire, and obtained possession of the Roman cities of Glevum, Corinium, and Aquae Solis, which became known to the Saxons by the name of Glev-ceaster or Gleow-ceaster (Gloucester), Cyren-ceaster (Cirencester, and Bathan-ceaster (Bath). He died in 584 A.D.
- [S1]. The Celt, The Roman, and the Saxon. Thomas Wright. London:Arthur Hall, Virtue, & Co. 1852.
- [S2]. Two of the Saxon Chronicles Parallel. Charles Plummer. Clarendon Press:Oxford. 1965.
- [S3]. The official website of Alynia H. Rule. http://www.ancuairt.org/genealogy/cerdic.htm.
ANCESTORS OF CNYRIC
Adam (4001BC-3071BC) and Eve
Abraham (2052BC-1877BC) and Sarah
Isaac (1892BC-1713BC) and Rebekah
Jacob (Israel) (1892BC-1739BC) and Leah
Judah (c1870-after1670BC) and Tamar
Erichthonius ( 1412-1368) and Astyoche Ilium
Troas, King of Dardania. (1366-1326).
Ilus, King of Troy. (1326-1277).
Laomedon (1277-1233), King of Troy, md Strymo.
Priam, King of Troy
Munion (c1260-1181) and Troana
Thor and Sebil
Baeldaeg md Nanna, dau of Gewar, King of Norway
Elsa I. (Elesa I)
Elsa II. (Elesa II)
Cerdic I, King of Britain & West Saxons
HOW ARE WE RELATED:
Ceawlin, King of Wessex.
Eafa. He married a princess of Kent.
EAHLMUND. (?-786AD), md dau of AETHELBERT II.
EGBERT. King of Wessex. He married Redburg.
ETHELWULF md (2) Judith, dau of Charles the Bald.
ALFRED, The Great, K. of England, md Ealswith.
EDWARD The Elder. King of England.
Edmund I. (922-946). He married Elgiva.
Edgar I, The Peaceable.
Ethelred II, The Unready. (c968-1016) md Elfreda.
Edward Athling, the Exile.
Margarethe md Malcolm III Caenmore of Scotland.
Edith. She married HENRY I, King of England.
Matilda. (Maud) md (1) Henry V of Germany.
HENRY II, King of England, md Ida.
William I Longspee md Ela Fitzpatrick.
William II Longspee md Idonie de Camville.
Ela Longspee md James de Audley.
Hugh de Audley md Isolde de Mortimer.
Hugh de Audley md Margaret de Clare.
Margaret de Audley. md Ralph de Stafford.
Hugh Stafford. md Philippa de Beauchamp.
Edmund Stafford. md Anne of Gloucester.
Humphrey Stafford. md Anne Neville.
Margaret Stafford md Robert Dunham.
John Dunham md Elizabeth Bowett.
John Dunham II md Jean Thorland.
John Dunham III md Benedict Folgamsee.
Ralph Dunham. He married Elizabeth Wentworth.
Thomas Dunham. He married Jane Bromley.
John Dunham Sr.. He married Susanna Kenney/Keno.
John Dunham Jr.. He married Mary.
Mary Dunham. She married James Hamblin.
Elkenah Hamblin. He married Abigail Hamblin.
Sylvanus Hamblin. He married Dorcas Fish.
Barnabus Hamblin. He married Mary Bassett.
Isaiah Hamblin. He married Daphne Haynes.
Jacob Vernon Hamblin md Sarah Priscilla Leavitt.
Ella Ann Hamblin md Warren Moroni Tenney.
Clive Vernon Tenney md Minnie Williams
Mildred Ella Tenney = Glenn Russell Handy
Deborah Lee Handy and Rodney Allen Morris