HOME ~ Contact us
John Eyre and Margaret Bitton
Born about 1500 Wedhampton, Wiltshire, England; son of William Eyre and Joanna Cokrell.
As a resident of Wedhampton, he was Knight of the Shire for Wiltshire in 1568, M.P. for Salisbury in 1571. (S1).
John married (1) Margaret Bitton, (somtimes Button), daughter of John Britton of Alton, Wiltshire, about 1520. (S1).
John married (2) Jane Cusse, daughter of William Cusse, in 1525 at Broughton Gifford, Wiltshire, England. (S1).
He died in Salisbury, Wiltshire, England; and was buried in Broughton, Gifford, Wiltshire, England. (S1).
CHILDREN of John Eyre and Margaret Bitton:
- Robert Eyre. Born about 1519 in Salisbury, Wiltshire, England. Robert Eyre, married Jane, widow of George Tourney, in 1539. Robert was a Member of Parliment for Salisbury (New Sarum) in 1557. He was mayor of Salisbury in 1559. Robert Eyre served as "Churchewarden of the Parisshe Churche of seynt Thomas wtin the Citie of New Sarum" Churchwarden’s were elected by the Vestry with an obligation to serve or pay a fine, foriginally for one year and during his service this was changed to a period of two years. Robert Eyre came to the office in 1546, serving from "the feast of Easter in the XXXVIIjth yere of the reigne of or sou’aigne Lorde Kinge Henry the VIIjth vnto the feast of Easter in the first yere of the reigne of Or souaigne lorde Kinge Edward the Vjth that is to sey for oone hoole yere" and he continued at the post upon the expiration of his first term, serving through 1552, and possibly later. He died in 1577 in Salisbury, Wiltshire, England.
Jane was born in 1504, the daughter of William Cusse who was born in 1478.
CHILDREN of John Eyre and Jane Cusse:
- Christopher Eyre. Born in 1535. He married Jane Ryves on 8 August 1566 at St. Edmund Church Of Salisbury. (S1).
- William Eyre. Born in 1537. He married Jane Chafyn (Chaffin) on 26 August 1563 at St. Edmund Church Of Salisbury. (S1).
- John Eyre. Born in 1539. John was Knight of the Shire for Wiltshire in 1568, and Member of Parliment for Salisbury in 1571. He married Sybbell Chapin on 14 August 1566 at St. Edmund Church Of Salisbury. (S1).
- [S1]. John Ayer. Steve Johnson Family. http://www.ponderroses.com/SteveJohnsonFamily/ps16_332.htm.
HOW ARE WE RELATED
John Eyre and Margaret Bitton.
Robert Eyre and Jane Toruney
Thomas Eyre and Elizabeth Rogers.
John Ayer and Hannah Evered-Webb
Elizabeth Hutchins and Thomas Ayer
Elizabeth Ayer and Samuel Watts
Elizabeth Watts and Jonathan Dustin
Mehitable Dustin and Jonathan Marsh
Miriam Marsh and Thomas Haynes
William Haynes and Polly Stoddard
Daphne Haynes and Isaiah Hamblin
Jacob Vernon Hamblin and Sarah Priscilla Leavitt
Ella Ann Hamblin and Warren Moroni Tenney.
Clive Vernon Tenney and Minnie Williams
Mildred Ella Tenney and Glenn Russell Handy
Deborah Lee Handy and Rodney Allen Morris