HOME ~ Contact us
GEOFFREY V and Matilda
GEOFFREY V Count of Anjou and Maine.
Son of FULK V, The Younger, Count of Anjou and Ermengard of Maine.
He married Matilda on 22 May 1128.
Matilda.(Maud, Maude). [CHART A1].
Born about 1103-1104 at Winchester, England; daughter of HENRY I, King of England and Edith.
She married (1) Henry V of Germany, Holy Roman Emperor, on 7 January 1114 in Mainz, Germany.
She married (2) Geoffrey V, PLANTAGENET, Count of Anjou and Maine on 22 May 1128.
She died on 10 September 1167 at the Abbey of Notre Dame de Pres, Rouen, Normandy, France; and was buried in the Rouen Cathedral.
CHILDREN of GEOFFREY V and Matilda:
- HENRY II, King of England. [CHART A1]. Born on 25 March 1133 at Le Mans, Anjou, France. He married Eleanor of Aquitaine. He died on 6 July 1189 at Chinon Castle, France.
- Geoffrey VI, Count of Anjou and Nantes. Born 1 June 1134. He died on 26 July 1157-1158 in Nantes, Brittany, France.
- William, Count of Poitou. Born in 1136. He died on 30 January 1164 at Rouen, Normandy, France.
- (illegitimate) Geoffrey Plantagenet, Archbishop of York.
- (illegitimate) William Longsword, Earl of Salisbury.
- [S1].The Royal Ancestry of the Hamblin Family. Compiled for the Hamblin Family Association by George Merrill Roy, I. A. G. Received from Geraldine Tenney Nelson.
- [S2].The official website of Alynia H. Rule. http://www.ancuairt.org/genealogy/matilda.htm
HOW ARE WE RELATED:
Matilda. (Maud) md (1) Henry V of Germany.
HENRY II, King of England, md Ida.
William I Longspee md Ela Fitzpatrick.
William II Longspee md Idonie de Camville.
Ela Longspee md James de Audley.
Hugh de Audley md Isolde de Mortimer.
Hugh de Audley md Margaret de Clare.
Margaret de Audley. md Ralph de Stafford.
Hugh Stafford. md Philippa de Beauchamp.
Edmund Stafford. md Anne of Gloucester.
Humphrey Stafford. md Anne Neville.
Margaret Stafford md Robert Dunham.
John Dunham md Elizabeth Bowett.
John Dunham II md Jean Thorland.
John Dunham III md Benedict Folgamsee.
Ralph Dunham. He married Elizabeth Wentworth.
Thomas Dunham. He married Jane Bromley.
John Dunham Sr.. He married Susanna Kenney/Keno.
John Dunham Jr.. He married Mary.
Mary Dunham. She married James Hamblin.
Elkenah Hamblin. He married Abigail Hamblin.
Sylvanus Hamblin. He married Dorcas Fish.
Barnabus Hamblin. He married Mary Bassett.
Isaiah Hamblin. He married Daphne Haynes.
Jacob Vernon Hamblin md Sarah Priscilla Leavitt.
Ella Ann Hamblin md Warren Moroni Tenney.
Clive Vernon Tenney md Minnie Williams
Mildred Ella Tenney = Glenn Russell Handy
Deborah Lee Handy and Rodney Allen Morris