Home ~ Our Ancestors ~ Contact us
Zebediah Johnson and Hannah Robbins
Zebediah Johnson. [PC W3].
Born (about 1701-S2)(30 November 1702-S8) (of Charlestown, Suffolk County-S2)(in Andover, Essex County-S8), Massachusetts; son of John Johnson and Eleanor Ballard (S7,S8).
Christened on 9 September 1705 in Cambridge, Massachusetts. (S1).
There are two Zebediah Johnson's living in close proximity of each other in MA. The one is Zebediah baptised 9 Sep 1705 in Cambridge, MA and married Hannah Robbins. The other is Zebediah born on 28 April 17096 in Marlborough, Massachusetts; who married Esther Richardson.
He married Hannah ROBBINS (in 1723-S6)(intention on 8 June 1723-S8)(about 1726-S2), (of Charlestown, Suffolk County-S2)(in Andover, Essex County-S6), Massachusetts.
They lived in Lynn (S3) and in Andover, Massachusetts.
He died on 20 November 1769. (S8).
Hannah Robbins. [PC W3].
Born on 30 January 1704-1705 in Charlestown, Middlesex County, Massachusetts; daughter of Nathianiel Robbins and Hannah Chandler. (S2).
She died after 1769. (S8).
CHILDREN of Zebediah Johnsonand Hannah Robbins:
- Hannah Johnson. [PC W3]. Born on 31 March 1724 in Andover, Essex County, Massachusetts. She married Moses Thurston on 29 May 1744 in Andover, Essex County, Massachusetts. Hannah died before the Revolutionary War, probably between 1770 and 1775, and probably in Hollis, Hillsborough County, New Hampshire.
- Lydia Johnson. b. 1725 d. 1726
- Mary Johnson. b. 1729
- Sarah Johnson. b. 1731 = Nathaniel Townsend 1751
- Phebe Johnson. b. 1733/4
- Lydia Johnson. b. 1735/6 = Moses Davis 1763
- Elmer Johnson. b. 1738
- Zebadiah Johnson. His intention to marry Lydia Bancroft, of Reading, was made at Reading on 1 September 1761.
- John Johnson. b. 1747 = Margaret McIntyre 1767.
- [S1]. Miller's Keopka & More. Ila Jean. RootsWeb. http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=dmasilm&id=I1818. QUOTES as sources: a) .1790 Census Worcester, Shrewsbury, MA . b) Marlborough VR online at http://freepages.history.rootsweb.com/~historyofmarlborough/vitals. c) Ward Family; Descendants of William Ward, who settled in Sudbury, MA, in 1639. by: A.H. Ward, AM, Boston 1851.
- [S2]. Humphrey Family. RootsWeb. http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~coffinquest/humphrey/pafg94.htm.
- [S3]. Hannah Robbins = Zebediah Johnson 1723. Bill Harris. Genealogy Forum. http://genforum.genealogy.com/robbins/messages/1936.html.
- [S4]. Massachusetts People: Surnames. RootsWeb. http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~coffinquest/massachusetts/wga14.html#I1344.
- [S5]. WADLEIGH - BROWN - PLYMALE - BIXBY. Ryan Wadleigh Research. http://www.ryanwadleigh.com/thurston.html. QUOTES as sources: a) Thurston Genealogies, 1635-1892. Brown Thurston. Portland, Maine. 1892.
- [S6]. JOHNSON, Zebadiah. http://spicerweb.org/Genealogy/LegacyFiles/8040.htm.
- [S7]. BALLARD-L Archives. Dee Kermode. RootsWeb. http://listsearches.rootsweb.com/th/read/BALLARD/2007-02/1171384401.
- [S8]. ROBBINS, Hannah. Genealogy Data Page 396 (Family Pages). Steve Condarcure's New England Genealogy.