[F2242]. Richard VORE. (Voare-S3).
Born (1590-S8)(in 1596-S1)(1599-S2)(about 1600-S3,S4,S6) at Crewkerne, Somersetshire (Essex County-S5), England; son of Thomas VORE [F4484] and Ann [F4485].
He married Ann HARRIS [F2243] on (before 1620-S4)(in 1624-S7)(22 NOV 1633) at Windsor, Hartford County, Connecticut.
He died 22 (AUG-S3,S8)(NOV-S4,S6) 1683 at Windsor, Hartford County, Connecticut.
He settled in Dorchester, Mass. probably in 1630 with Rev. John Warham. He was a member of Mr. Warham's Church in Dorchester and was one of the company that migrated to Windsor in 1635. Rev. John Warham requested the privilege of building a small house upon his land for Mary Jones:
"Whereas Richard Vore upon Mr. John Warham's request, formerly gave him liberty to build a little house upon his land joining the north end of his [Vore's] then and now dwelling house for trhe use of his kinswoman Mary Jones to dwell in during her life, and at her death to give it to the said Richard; and the said Mary Jones being now deceased; this is to testify that I John Warhan do hereby alienate assign and set over the said house I builded as aforesaid to Richard Vore of Windsor in the Co. of Hartford, CT., etc., dated 12-15-1666". Item from Richard Vore's will, 7-1-1683: "I give Thomas Alvord, son of my daughter Mary Alvord, deceased, 5 shillings." [the above from "Descendants of Alexander Alvord".] (S10).
[F2243]. Ann HARRIS.
Born (about 1599-S6)(about 1602-S1,S2)(about 1604-S3)(in 1605) in England.
She married Richard VORE [F2242].
She died 7 DEC 1683 at Windsor, Hartford County, Connecticut.
CHILDREN of Richard VORE [F2242] and Ann HARRIS [F2243]:
- [F1121]. Mary VORE. Born 6 JUL 1617 (1627-S?,S6)(1628-S8) at Crewkerne, Somersetshire, England. She married Alexander ALVORD [F1120] on 29 OCT 1646 at Windsor, Connecticut. She died (probably in 1683)(at least before 1686)(25 OCT 1687-S6), at Northampton, Hampshire County, Massachusetts.
- Abigail VORE. Born in 1640.
- Lydia VORE. Born (about 1620-S4)(29 Mar 1633-S6) at Windsor, Connecticut. She married Nathaniel Cook on 29 JUN 1649. She died (14)(18-S4,S6) JUN 1698 at Windsor, Connecticut.
- Sarah VORE. b. 6 OCT 1635 Windsor, CT. d. 1 JAN 1674/75 Springfield, Mass.
- [S1]. http://mcorazao.home.texas.net/tree/english/f228.htm
- [S2]. http://personal.inet.fi/koti/katharina.mead/d0000/g0000073.html
- [S3]. http://thor.genserv.net/sub/strub/fam_40.htm
- [S4]. http://www.gulbangi.com/d0003/g0000010.html
- [S5]. http://www.geocities.com/ckhansgw/hp.htm
- [S6]. http://newenglandgenealogy.pcplayground.com/f_e0.htm
- [S7]. http://www.ammon.dreamstation.com/Website%20Genealogy/d0006/g0000092.html
- [S8]. http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Garden/7021/millardmiller/dat222.html#56
- [S9]. http://thor.genserv.net/sub/strub/desc_15.htm
- [S10]. http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~saintsandsinners/pafn29.htm